Sunday, May 8, 2011

SOLD - A Little Lake Painting


Here's the first little (6" x 8") oil I did a few days ago at the start of my art residency in South Carolina. It's a view of the Old Levi Mill Lake near the park headquarters. I could photograph and paint just at this lake every day for a week and never tire of it. I just have to watch out for the alligators and water moccasins (both of which I've seen).

The location for my art residency is Poinsett Park, located near Sumter, SC. Due to its location, it's an unique merging of several different ecosystems, such as coastal plains and woodland foothills. There are creeks, swamps, mountains, a lake, pine forests, and tons of Spanish moss - it's lovely.

1 comment:

c.klingerstudio said...

Thanks again, Tom. Just going through the site updating sales and such. Hope you're well.