Sunday, December 26, 2010

Find the butterfly...


This piece was not done in a day, but it was just finished. It is an 8" x 10" oil on canvas panel entitled "Butterfly Visitation," and it's the 10th and final piece in a series I painted this year in the Woodman Fen, a peat bog/wetland area of Dayton.

The fen is one of the many wonderful restorations accomplished by the Dayton area's Five Rivers MetroParks. Check out this painting and the rest of my series, which are all posted and (most are) available on my web site: www.klingerart.com. Feel free to surf the site, but if you wish to go right to the recent painting page - just click on the picture of the "Meadow in Autumn" painting in the column on the right. I've also added a link to the Five Rivers MetroParks site - the conservation and habitat restoration pages - so you can see and appreciate them as much as I do. Happy holidays, everyone!






No comments: